1. Name and contact details of the data controller
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
BRIVE Fleet Solutions GmbH
Commercial register: HRB 208144 B
Register court: Amtsgericht Berlin (Charlottenburg)
Represented by the Managing Director:
(hereafter „BRIVE“ or „us“)
2. Information on the processing of personal data
2.1 Visit of the website
2.1.1 Personal data being processed
When you visit brive.io, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
2.1.2 Purposes for which personal data is processed
The data mentioned will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- To ensure a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system safety and stability as well as for other administrative purposes.
2.1.3 Legal bases
The legal basis for data processing is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Our legitimate interest arises from the purposes listed above for the collection of data. The provision of the data is not required by law or contract or required for the conclusion of a contract. You are under no obligation to provide the data. In the event that the data is not provided, however, we cannot provide the content accessed on the website.
2.1.4 Storage period
The data is stored in server log files in a form that enables identification of the persons concerned for a maximum period of 7 days, unless a security-relevant event occurs (e.g. a DDoS attack). In the event of a security-relevant event, server log files are stored until the security-relevant event is eliminated and fully resolved.
2.2 Contact formular
2.2.1 Personal data being processed
If you have any questions, we offer you the possibility to contact us via a form provided on the website. The following information is required in order for us to know who sent the request and to respond to it:
Further information can be provided voluntarily.
2.2.2 Purposes for which personal data is processed
The data mentioned will be processed by us for the purpose of answering your inquiry.
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- To ensure a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well as for other administrative purposes.
2.2.3 Legal basis
If your request concerns a contract to which you are a party or concerns the implementation of pre-contractual measures, data processing will be carried out in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 lit. b GDPR. For all other enquiries, data processing for the purpose of establishing contact is carried out on the basis of a weighing of interests (article. 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR). In this case our legitimate interest is the processing of your request.
2.3.4 Storage period
We will also retain this information for a transitional period of three years from the end of the year in which you provide it to us, and in the event of any litigation, until the end of the year. In addition, we store this data to the extent that there are legal, in particular commercial and tax law, storage obligations. Depending on the type of document, commercial and tax retention obligations of six or ten years may exist (§ 147 German Tax Code (AO), § 257 German Commercial Code (HGB)).
3. Disclosure of data
We use technical service providers to operate and maintain our website, who act as our contract processors. The providers of tracking and web analysis tools listed in section 5 process the access data on our behalf for the purpose of user analysis and statistical processing for us. Service providers who process personal data on our behalf outside the European Union (so-called third countries) will only be used if the recipient has received a decision from the European Commission on the appropriateness of this third country or suitable or appropriate guarantees. In addition, we do not transfer your personal data to third parties - with the exception of the purposes listed below.
We will only share your personal information with third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this pursuant to article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO is necessary to protect our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on data pursuant to article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, as well as this is legally permissible and required pursuant to article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR for the execution of contractual relationships with you.
When you visit our website, we store information on your end device in the form of cookies. Cookies are small files that are transferred from an Internet server to your browser and stored on your hard drive. Information is stored in the cookie, which in each case results in connection with the specifically used terminal device. This does not, however, mean that we will immediately become aware of your identity.
The data processed by cookies are necessary for the purposes mentioned to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
We use the following cookies on our website (for cookies placed by third parties, see 5.):
Name, Provider, Purpose, Expiration
acceptedCookie, brive.io, BehältRetains the status of the user for all page requests., 6 months
5. Tracking Tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website is designed in line with requirements and continuously optimised (e.g. frequency of visits, increase in page impressions). On the other hand, we use the tracking measures for the analysis of visitor actions (conversion tracking) in order to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offer for you. For this purpose, users of the website are marked in pseudonymous form so that they can be recognised on the website. Pseudonymous user profiles are created from this information. The pseudonymous user profiles are not combined with data about the bearer of the pseudonym. The aim of the procedure is to investigate where users come from, which areas of the website are visited and how often and for how long which subpages and categories are viewed. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
5.1 Google Analytics with anonymization function
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. www.google.de/intl/de/about (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as "Google"), for the purpose of tailoring our pages to meet your needs and for ongoing optimisation. In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and the following cookies are used on our website:
Name, Provider, Purpose, Expiration
__utma, google.com, This cookie stores the number of visits of each visitor and the time of the first visit, the previous visits and the current visit., 2 years
__utmt, google.com, This cookie is used to throttle the request rate., 10 minutes
__utmb, google.com, This cookie is used to track how long the visitor stays on a website, i.e. when the visit begins and when it ends., 30 minutes
__utmv, google.com, This cookie stores the visitor category to which a user belongs., 2 years
__utmz, google.com, This cookie stores the source or campaign that explains how a user got to the site., 6 months
_ga, google.com, This cookie is used to differentiate visitors., 2 years
_gid, google.com, This cookie is used to distinguish visitors., 24 hours
_gat, google.com, This cookie is used to reduce the request rate., 1 minute
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this site such as
- Browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. For the USA, the European Commission has issued an adequacy decision (EU/US Privacy Shield) under which Google is certified. The information is used for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailoring the content of such internet pages to suit your needs. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of third parties. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymised so that an allocation is not possible (IP masking).
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
We use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) within the website visit. As a rule, this is a 128-bit encryption. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We have also taken technical and administrative security precautions to protect your personal data against loss, destruction, manipulation and unauthorised access. All our employees and service providers working for us are obliged to comply with the applicable data protection laws. Our security precautions are subject to a continuous improvement process and our data protection declarations are constantly revised. Please make sure that you have the latest version.
7. Data subject rights
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Article 15 GDPR and under the restrictions of § 34 BDSG;
- to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 16 DSGVO;
- demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, unless processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims; further restrictions apply pursuant to § 35 BDSG;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 18 GDPR insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- o receive, in accordance with Article 20 GDPR, your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Article 7 paragraph 3 GDPR to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our place of business. You can find a list of the responsible supervisory authorities and their addresses here.
8. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Article 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for doing so which result from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without stating a particular situation.
If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Status and amendment of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is dated 09.08.2018. Due to technical developments and/or changes in legal and/or official requirements, it may be necessary to adapt this data protection information.